If you wish to assess others within your field of competency in a vocational training setting such as an FE college or a school, then this course could be for you.
Content and structure
There are two mandatory units in this course, covering the following topics:
• The principles and requirements of assessment
• Different types of assessment method
• Quality assurance of the assessment process
• How to manage information relating to assessment
• How to plan assessments involving learners and others
• Making assessment decisions
• Legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Delivery and duration
This course is delivered via blended learning utilising e-learning, participation in a face-to-face training day and distance assessment.
The course is self-paced and you have up to 6 months to complete it, although the actual time will be dependent on your access to learners on a suitable vocational course and your personal motivation.
Throughout the course you will receive support from the YSD team, including:
• Technical support in relation to accessing the e-learning and using the online learning management system
• Access to your tutor/assessor, the Learning Support Officer and the Curriculum Manager who collectively will be able to offer you help, advice and guidance in relation to the course content, the training venue and facilities, assessment and any adjustments required, and anything else you want help with!
• Distance tutorials to assess your initial requirements and goals, reflect on your achievements and challenges to date and on your next steps
You will be assessed remotely through the following assessment methods:
• Online short-answer questions that relate to the e-learning
• Demonstration of you conducting assessments within your centre
• Completion of paperwork associated with the assessment activity
You will receive the YMCA Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally-Related Achievement following successful completion of the assessment tasks.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, to pass the assessment you will need to be competent in the vocational role you wish to assess and have access to two learners in a suitable assessment environment.
After achievement of the qualification you may progress to a qualification in assessing competence in the work environment, as in apprenticeships, or to one in the internal quality assurance of assessment.
Dates and venues
There are no set dates or venues for this course. We can deliver bespoke learning for groups of 10 or more. Please call Bev on 01509 226675.