If you wish to lead the quality assurance of assessment in a vocational subject/s within your centre, then this course could be for you. You might already be performing an internal quality assurer role, working in the Further Education or Skills sector, or you might be starting out in this role.
If you are already qualified as an internal quality assurer and just want to become qualified to lead the activity, you may be exempt from aspects of the course and able to claim a part-refund. Please talk to us about recognition of prior learning.
Content and structure
There are three mandatory units in this course, covering the following topics:
• The principles and requirements of internal quality assurance
• Planning internal quality assurance
• Evaluating, maintaining and improving the quality of assessment
• Managing information
• Legal and good practice requirements in relation to internal quality assurance
• Allocating and agreeing responsibilities with team members
• Monitoring progress and quality of work and providing feedback to team members
• Reviewing and amending own work plans
Delivery and duration
This course is delivered via blended learning utilising e-learning, participation in a face-to-face training day and distance assessment.
The course is self-paced and you have up to 6 months to complete it, although the actual time will be dependent on your access to assessors and other internal quality assurers in your centre and your personal motivation.
Throughout the course you will receive support from the YSD team, including:
• Technical support in relation to accessing the e-learning and using the online learning management system
• Access to your tutor/assessor, the Learning Support Officer and the Curriculum Manager who collectively will be able to offer you help, advice and guidance in relation to the course content, the training venue and facilities, assessment and any adjustments required, and anything else you want help with!
• Distance tutorials to assess your initial requirements and goals, reflect on your achievements and challenges to date and on your next steps
You will be assessed remotely through the following assessment methods:
• Written and on-line questions, and discussion with your assessor
• Demonstration of you conducting/leading the internal quality assurance of assessment within a centre
• Completion of paperwork associated with this activity
• Portfolio of evidence
You will receive the YMCA Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice following successful completion of the assessment tasks.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, it is strongly recommended that you have experience of conducting assessment for the vocational subject you wish to quality assure.
To pass the assessment you will need to have access to two vocational assessors (with a minimum of two learners each) and also other internal quality assurers within a centre and/or workplace, who you will need to monitor and/or manage.
With experience you may wish to work for an awarding organisation as an external quality assurer and work towards the Level 4 Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Dates and venues
There are no set dates or venues for this course. We can deliver bespoke learning for groups of 10 or more. Please call Bev on 01509 226675.