Covering physical, healthy, thinking and social themes, there are two packs of resources in each set:
Teacher and learner cards for ages 4-7 (KS1)
16 resource cards
Teacher and learner cards for ages 7-11 (KS2)
27 resource cards
My Personal Best Primary promotes a whole school approach to teaching and learning in PE, where life skills and values such as co-operation, responsibility and resilience are taught explicitly through PE. It explores these life skills practically, helping children to recognise and transfer them to other lessons, to life in school and to their wider environment.
New for the 18/19 academic year, the approach was developed in consultation with primary headteachers and practitioners in Lancashire and was piloted in 30 schools across the county in 2017/18.
Through My Personal Best Primary, children aged 4-11 will:
• Develop and apply life skills that will support them to ﬂourish in PE, school and life
• Improve health and wellbeing and personal skills
• Grow understanding and working with others (social skills)
• Create opportunities, overcome challenges and make choices (thinking skills)
• Increase their potential achievement and readiness for life